The Red Cross of Constantine is officially The Masonic and Military Order of the Red Cross of Constantine and the Orders of the Holy Sepulchre and St. John the Evangelist, the latter two of which are called the Appendant Orders. There are also two chair degrees conferred on the Viceroy and Sovereign of a Conclave, and two honorary orders: Knight Commander of Constantine and Knight Grand Cross. The governing body of the Order for the United States of America, the Republic of Mexico and the Republic of the Philippines and their territories is styled The United Grand Imperial Council of Knights of the Red Cross of Constantine and Appendant Orders for the United States of America, Mexico and the Philippines.
The purpose of the Constantinian Orders are to commemorate the first elevation of Christianity from the position of a despised and proscribed heresy to that of a legally recognized and honored religion, to cultivate the social virtues, appeal to the intellectual and moral qualities, preserve as far as possible the customs of the fraternity and bring about good fellowship and understanding between all branches of Masonry.
Knights Companions of the Order meet in Conclaves of the Red Cross of Constantine and a member must be a Royal Arch Mason in good standing and subscribe to a belief in the Christian religion as revealed in the New Testament. Membership is by invitation and each Conclave has a prescribed membership limit.
- Order of Knights of the Red Cross of Constantine (or Perfect Knight Mason), conferred in a body styled Conclave.
- Degree of Eusebius (Or Perfect Priest Mason) - conferred in a College of Viceroys and only on the actual Viceroy and Sovereigns - Elect of Conclaves
- Sovereign (or Perfect Prince Mason) - conferred in a Senate of Sovereigns and only on actual Sovereigns-Elect of Conclaves
- Order of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre - conferred in a body styled Sanctuary.
- Order of Knights of St. John the Evangelist - conferred in a body styled Commandery.
- Knight Commander of Constantine - conferred by the Most Illustrious Grand Sovereign with concurrence of Grand Viceroy only upon devoted and faithful members of the Grand Imperial Council who have served a total of ten years or more as either Intendent General, Grand Treasurer, Grand Recorder, Trustee or Chairman of a Standing Committee or any combination thereof with the maximum number which may be conferred annually being two provided that the maximum number of total Knights Commander of Constantine shall never exceed 50, and thereafter the dignity shall be conferred only when a vacancy in such number shall exist.
- Knight at Grand Cross - conferred in a body styled Chapter General and nominated by vote of the Grand Imperial Council at an Annual Assembly. The number of members of Knights Grand Cross shall be limited to 50 in accordance with the ancient statutes promulgated by the Emperor Michael Angelus Comnenus.
Officers of Bonneville Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine
|Puissant Sovereign||Dean D. Rein|
|Viceroy||John C. Liley Jr.|
|Senior General||Robert K. McKenzie|
|Junior General||James A. Robertson|
|Treasurer||G. Keith Odendahl|
|Recorder||David W. Barron|
|Prelate||Drew C. Sanders|
|Orator||Michael F. Slaughter|
|Prefect||Douglas J. Backes|
|Standard Bearer||Michael L. Busby|
|Herald||Jason C. Varner|
|Sentinel||Charles E. Warren Sr|
- Jun 08 2017 - Combined Southwest Regional and United Grand Imperial Council
- Jun 09 2017 - Combined Southwest Regional and United Grand Imperial Council
- Jun 10 2017 - Combined Southwest Regional and United Grand Imperial Council
- Jan 20 2018 - Bonneville Conclave Annual Meeing
- 2018 - Southwest Regional Conference Hosted in Salt Lake City.
The Byzantium is the official publication of the United Grand Imperial Council of the Red Cross of Constantine and Appendant Orders for the United States of America, Mexico and the Philippines. It is published twice yearly, in the spring and in the early autumn. Its purpose is to inform the members of the Order on the activities of the United Grand Imperial Council at its Annual Assembly held each June, and on the activities of the several regions, divisions and Conclaves.
Kindly made available by the United Grand Imperial Council, Red Cross of Constantine.